Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Off-topic: Annoyingly Loud Television Commercial Audio

With the start of the new fall television season having begun recently, I was reminded of a major annoyance of watching television.

It seems that everytime a television show cuts to a commercial, the audio on the commercial is so much louder as compared to the audio of the television program. I notice this particularly on WNBC (Local channel 4 here in New York).

I find it hard to believe that with all of the spohisticated broadcast technology out there, that this problem still exists.

Am I the only one that is annoyed by this? Let me know!


3 Comments:

At 7:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No you're not the only one. It's the same on the UK channels as well.

I'd hope to one day have a TV with audio dampening technology or something like that to lower the sound temporarily if it spikes! :)

 
At 12:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking at this site and have found it to be really helpful. I would greatly appreciate any assistance.

 
At 9:37 AM, Anonymous J&K Autographs said...

very annoying to have your ears bombarded by exceptional high sound when ads come on the TV. Anybody in the industry know if this is deliberate to make us take notice?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home